The main areas of funding that Economic Development have direct responsibility of are:
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council administers a Community Fund in respect of royalty payments received by the Council from Miller Argent Limited based on tonnage of coal extracted from the Ffos Y Fran Land Reclamation Scheme.
It has been agreed by Miller Argent in partnership with Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council that applications for support from the Ffos Y Fran Community Fund be welcomed from interested parties. The Community Fund is split into 3 categories:-
All applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis. The Small Grant Scheme is for applications of £1,000 or under. Application forms can be obtained from the Electoral Ward Division Councillors for your area.
All applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis. Applications must be able to demonstrate a proportion of match funding up to a maximum of 50% of the total project cost. The Intermediate Grant Scheme is for applications up to £5,000.
A copy of the application form can be found to the bottom of this. You can download and print off the form and return to us.
Please contact the External Funding Team for panel dates.
An information report is submitted to Council on a 6 monthly basis which contains a list of the successful Small and Intermediate applications. These reports can be found to the bottom of this page.
The evaluation criteria required for the Large Grant Scheme is as follows:-
1. Applications must be strategic in nature complying with both Council and Welsh Government ambitions.
2. Applications must be able to demonstrate that funding can be used as leverage to attract matched funding sources to at least a 50:50 proportion.
3. Applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis.
4. Applications must be for strategic projects within the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil.
5. Applications must demonstrate the achievement of a lasting legacy for the Community.
6. No organisation is to be granted additional monies from the Fund within a 12 month period of a previous funding application.
A copy of the application form can be found under the Document Links section of this page. You can download and print off the form and return to us using the address at the top right of this page.
Please contact the External Funding Team for further information on panel dates.
Community Groups can apply for the free use of one of two minibuses (one of which is equipped to take wheelchair passengers). Please contact Mrs Lisa Llewellyn-Williams, telephone number 0870 111 5600 for further details.